The Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement (CMJE) has been established as an association to promote understanding between the Jewish and Muslim communities. Specifically, when it comes to the Islamic faith, the CMJE brings to the forefront all aspects of Muslim life. This will include:
- Islamic Architecture and Art
- The economics of the Islamic faith
- Traditional food and culinary history
- The interaction of Islam in the world
- Literature and poetry in Islam
- The observance of religion
- Religious sites
- Innovation and science in the Islamic world
There are a series of articles that explore the achievements in Muslim architecture and reviewing several key issues on the concept. Areas examined include:
- The minaret
- Introduction to architecture
- Glossary of terms
- Functionality of mosques
This area discusses the mentality of Islamic economic thinking and touches sectors such as economic theory, banking and finance and the Islamic financial network.
This examines the influence of Islamic cuisine on Europe, and the primary development of culinary art. Also looked at in depth:
- ‚Cooking with the Caliphs‘
- Figs in Muslim Spain
- The Origins of Muslim coffee
Islam in the modern world
This examines the influence of Islam in the world today, and there is an interactive map that can be utilised to give demographic information on Muslim countries.
Charts the importance of Arabic within Islam and looks in depth at the language used in the Quran, including the profit’s mother tongue. There is no definitive ‚Muslim language‘ and the religion is shared by a broad spectrum of ethnicities throughout the world.
This is all about the evolution and origins of music in the Muslim world. The music of this religion goes well beyond musical instruments and enters into the sphere of music theory. There is also a section that is dedicated to tracing the influence of Muslim music in Europe. What place does music have in Islam? The Quran does not encourage or forbid music.
- The Muslim world’s contribution to philosophical thinking
- The philosophy of Islam online
- The definition of Islamic philosophy
- The study of Islamic philosophy
- Al-Sheikh al-Rais, who was one of the most prominent philosophers
Literature and poetry in Islam
This deals with the traditions of poetry and literature in the Islamic faith, specifically, oral poetry in the Arab tongue. Subjects of interest include an article about the origins of the voyage of Sinbad and classic poetry.
The observance of Islamic holy days:
- Islamic holidays
- The Islamic life cycle
- A guide to prayers in Islam
- The significance of Islamic prayer
- The Hajj
An overview of pilgrimage sites that are holy to Muslims. There are:
- Mecca: The Kaaba
- The holy city of Karbala
- Al-Hussein Mosque
Innovation and science in the Islamic world
This charts the history of Islamic science and looks at how the religion sparked advances in architecture, science and mathematics. There is an introduction to Islamic science and the theoretical underpinning of the importance of science in the world of Islam.